The Gospel of Thomas was discovered in 1945 in a cave in the area of Nag Hamadi. It is the most significant document among the documents found there, because, like the source of the Q, it goes back to the historical Jesus, and thus is even older than the oldest canonical (biblical) Gospel of Mark. It offers insight into the teachings that Jesus gave to his inner circle, which included Mary Magdalene. These teachings, focused on personal knowledge (gnosis) or enlightenment, were barely included in the canonical gospels, either because their authors did not know them or because the church did not want them. This gospel was branded as Gnostic by the Church, it is said to be heretical, but it is neither Gnostic nor heretic. It is only more primitive and thus more holistic and experiential than the scriptures handed down to us from the biblical collection. It is therefore a gift to our time. However, sometimes some comments may be needed to be understood, as its language is too foreign to speak of a state of mind that goes deeper than the awareness of the everyday Western mind.
(1) These are the secret words that Jesus, the Living One, spoke and the
Didymus Judas Thomas has written down.
And he said, “He who finds the meaning of these words will not taste death.”
The truth is such that understanding it means liberation.
Those who live here in ignorance have already decided against the truth. Anyone who understands Jesus’ words can remember what he once knew long ago.
(2) Jesus said, “He who seeks shall not stop seeking until he finds; and if he finds, he will be startled; and when he is startled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the universe. ”
The one who finds the truth finds not only God, but also himself. He realizes that the universe moves in his mind, but he is infinite.
(3) Jesus said, “If those who guide you say to you, ‘Behold, the kingdom is in heaven, the birds of heaven will go before you. If they say to you: it is in the sea, the fish will lead you. But the kingdom is in you, and it is outside of you.
When you recognize yourself, you will be recognized, and you will know that you are the sons of the living Father. But if you do not recognize yourself, then you are in poverty and you are poverty. ”
Self-knowledge is everything, and external things are nothing, because they can not add anything to you. God is infinite, so he can not be outside or separated. He is quite subjective and all-encompassing. He is the source of the inner infinite universe. Everything that is real has to be part of it. What do you choose?
(4) Jesus said, “The aged man will not hesitate to ask a little child of seven days for the place of life, and he will live. For many first will become last, and they will become one. ”
The little child still knows the origin in the father. We can learn from him. True life is possible only in the unity of the Father.
(5) Jesus said, “Know what is before you, and what is hidden from you will be revealed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. “That which is before you, that is you, for you live in a mirrored world. But when you open your eyes and relax, the world can melt back into your mind, and you recognize the light of the Father everywhere.
(6) His disciples asked him and said to him, “Do you want us to fast? And how should we pray and give alms? And from what food should we keep away from? ”
Jesus said, “Do not lie, and what you hate, that does not do; because everything is obviously in the face of the sky. For there is nothing hidden that does not become manifest, and there is nothing covered that remains without being revealed. ”
You have to be true to yourself, that is, to what lives in your depths. Do not listen to the others, because they do not know who you are. If you follow them, do it out of love not out of fear.
(7) Jesus said, “Blessed is the lion that man eats, and the lion shall become man. And cursed be the man the lion eats, and the lion will become man. “There lives a mighty beast in us, our animal nature, our passion. We need this fire to come to life. Only through passion, we recognize ourselves. If we split them and displace them, it will poison us and suck our lives. Only those who go through the middle of the world will be free.
(8) And he said, “Man is like a wise fisherman throwing his net into the sea. He drew it out of the sea full of little fish; under
To them he found a big, beautiful fish, the wise fisherman. He threw all the small fish back into the sea and chose the big fish without hesitation. He who has ears to hear, may he hear! “This pearl in the field is the one thing we can and must find in the world, the knowledge of the love of God and our fellowship with him.
(9) Jesus said, “Behold, a sower went out, filled his hand, and cast [the seed]. Part of it fell on the way, the birds came to pick them up. Others fell on the rocks, and they made no roots in the earth and brought forth no ears of corn to the sky. And others fell on the thorns, stifling the seed, and the worm ate them. And others fell on the good earth, and she produced good fruit; she brought sixty measures and one hundred and twenty measures. ”
We can multiply the truth in this world. The seeds are moments of awareness without content, when the mind becomes aware of itself. We can directly achieve that awareness by searching for and identifying with the inner void. The indirect path is taken in centered prayer. This practice consists in letting go of every thought and sense impression, until the true nature of the mind emerges. The seeds we see today determine the kind of consciousness in which we will live.
(10) Jesus said, “I have cast a fire on the world, and behold, I keep watch till it burns.”
This fire is the Holy Spirit. Fire means that the mind has the power, through its higher frequency and light power, to dissolve all the blockages that we have set against the truth. It is up to us to decide if we live for or with the light or fight back against it. Our fate depends on this decision and we only have these two possibilities. We can develop whole cosmologies to channel and control the light, which we continue to walk on the paths of the ego. Or we can open ourselves to the creative energies of God and let things pour out of our hearts that God wants to bring into the world through them. We are the will of God here on earth, if we say yes. God consists of three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We are invited to enter into the relationship of this Trinity, as the Son. God is relationship, as we should be. Relationship can burn like fire. We have to become this fire. When we burn, there is no need for instruction.
(11) Jesus said, “This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away. And the dead are not alive, and the living ones will not die. In the days when you eat of what is dead, you make it out of what is alive. When you will be in the light, what will you do? You became two the day you were one. But if you become two, what will you do? ”
Nothing that lives can die because what God created can not change because it stays in God, and God never changes. That is why in our essence we are still as God created us. Therefore, we need no salvation, just the reminder that salvation has already been accomplished for us. This happened the moment we decided to descend into the duality of the world. Now it’s time to let the second in favor of the unit. When we are light, we are created as God creates, because therein lies our joy.
(12) The disciples said to Jesus, “We know that you will leave us. Who is it that is to become great over us? ”
Jesus said to them, “Wherever you come from, go to James, the righteous, for whose sake heaven and earth have arisen.”
There is only one dreamer of the dream. It is always the one who looks into the dream, the brother of the Lord. That’s us all. There is no other. Heaven and earth will pass if you use them to awaken, for they were made for your awakening.
(13) Jesus said to his disciples, “Compare me, tell me whom I am like.”
Simon Peter said to him, “You are like a just angel.”
Matthew said to him, “You are like a wise philosopher.” Thomas said to him, “Master, my mouth is utterly incapable of pronouncing to whom you are equal.”
Jesus said, “I am not your master. Since you were drinking, you got drunk from the bubbling spring that I measured. “And he took it and withdrew and said three words to him.
But when Thomas returned to his companions, they asked him, “What did Jesus tell you?”
Thomas said to them, “If I tell you one of the words he has said to me, you will take stones and throw them at me, and a fire will come out of the stones and burn you.”
These are the words of enlightenment. Their wording is unimportant. They save the multiplicity. They may say, “Only God is.” Or “You are me.” Or “There is no world.” Who is the true follower of Jesus? Mary Magdalene or Thomas or John? Only you can be when you are ready to step back and let Him take the lead.
(14) Jesus said to them, “When you fast, you will create a sin for yourself; and when you pray, you will be judged; and if you give alms, you will do evil to your spirits.
If you go to any land and walk in the fields when you are taken in, then eat what you are given and heal the sick among them. Because what enters into your mouth will not defile you. But that which leaves your mouth, that is what will defile you. ”
Whoever devotes himself to religious exercises creates polarity because he seeks to attain goodness that is contrary to evil. The way of the heart goes into the depths. All impulses may come up, and be seen and felt in the clear light of awareness. Everything is just an energy. Pain and hate dissolve when they are admitted without being reinforced by thoughts and fantasies. What these feelings need is attention and love. Then we rise to the sphere of peace. When we have turned our darkness into light, we find a peace that has no opposite.
(15) Jesus said, “When you see him who is not born of the woman, throw yourself on your face and worship him, he is your father.”
He is not human, he has not touched the earth and yet he is free to be completely here. He has a body or not. But his spirit is unborn, unchanged, uncreated. It is your mind. When do you remember his silent presence in you? When you let go and stop being limited.
(16) Jesus said, “People think I have come to bring peace to the world. And they do not know that I have come to bring disunity to the earth, fire, sword, war. For there will be five in one house: three become two and two
be against three, the father against the son and the son against the father. And they will stand alone. ”
The question of the truth is very urgent, because we only escape sleep when we renounce its ideas and belief systems. We often break with our family or clan, who usually want to carry on as before, as they have for many generations. The Liberators and the Enlightened are rarely greeted in their Nazareth. Instead they are called a traitor. The sleepers hate the Lightbringer, because they feel relatively safe in the dark. They have become accustomed to the dim light and fear any change that they believe will only worsen their situation.
More books by Peter Bernhard.
“The Gates of Mary Magdalene” A Spiritual Adventure in Berlin
“What Jesus really thought” This book describes the original teachings of Jesus Christ. His goal was to show a path of liberation to his followers. This was different than the teaching of the Church about him as a savior. Jesus was a Savior because of his teaching. This books provides a step by step process of learning and liberatio
„The Course Of Miracles“ The Zen Teachings of Jesus. The path of A Course In Miracles, with other stories of students, Lucifer and Jesus.
Other Authors on the cutting edge of the Christian new paradigm: Matthew Fox, Richard Rohr, Carl McColman, Cynthia Bourgeault , Paul Selig, and many others.
„Der Kurs der Wunder“ über eine neue Art zu Leben und Christus nachzufolgen, für das dritte Jahrtausend.
“Die Pforten der Maria Magdalena” Einführung in die gnostische Lehre des Märchens “Eisenhans”
„Christsein in der Matrix“ Besser leben in einer unwirklicher werdenden Welt.
„Das Evangelium der Katharer“ Wie würde ein Evangelium aussehen, das keinerlei Angst vor Gott erzeugt?
„Die Katharer“ Begegnungen, Liebe und Abenteuer in den Bergen Kataluniens.
„Im Westen ist das Meer noch tief“ Das Abenteuer der Selbstentdeckung auf dem Jakobsweg.
„Christliches Mantra“. Durch ein betendes Leben Sinn und Freude finden.
„Mit Crazy Horse im Schnee“. Eine bewegende und abentheuerliche Erzählung über die Begegnung eines Mannes mit seinem Tod.
„Ethik und Integration“ Wo steht die deutsche Gesellschaft heute? In welche Richtung müssen wir uns bewegen, um den Herausforderungen der Zukunft gerecht zu werden und die vielen Fremden zu integrieren?
„Was Jesus wirklich lehrte“ Die 24 Erkenntnisse, die Jesus gelehrt hat, um den Frieden Gottes zu finden.
“Wir leben alle in Gott“, Die verborgene Botschaft des Johannesevangeliums
„Die Allen der Kindhei“, Gedichte über das Sein